Photo Credit Michelle Nau
Open daily from 8 a.m. until dark.
936 South Tecumseh Road, Springfield, OH 45506
George Rogers Clark Park Google Maps Locator
The George Rogers Clark Park offers a personal outdoor experience for every visitor. Bring the family for a picnic by the water or in the shade of a 300-year-old beech-maple forest. Hike 5 miles of nature trails through 250 acres of green meadows and abundant wildflowers, scenic waterways, and bird, deer, and turtle habitats. All ages can fish without a license at Hosterman Lake or take a non-motorized boat out for a relaxing trip across the water. This park offers picnic shelters (reservations available for events), nature walks and fishing. Click the link at the bottom of this page for a map of the park’s hiking trails.
Four shelters are available to rent at the park. Each shelter has a grill, but no water or electricity. To reserve a shelter, phone the park headquarters at (937) 882-6000. The cost is $35 per shelter per day, payable by cash or check no later than one week in advance.
- Demint Shelter – accommodates up to 45
- Silverheels Shelter – accommodates up to 35
- A-Frame by the Circle – accommodates up to 25
- A-Frame by the Lake – accommodates up to 25
George Rogers Clark Park is also host to numerous events throughout the year, making it one of the busiest parks in the Springfield area. A few of our more popular events include:
- The Fair at New Boston – Labor Day Weekend. Sponsored by the George Rogers Heritage Association
- The Gantlet 5K Trail Run/Walk – Sponsored by the Friends of the Clark County Park District
- Olde Fashioned 4th Celebration with the Friends of the Clark County Park District – 4th of July. Sponsored by the Friends of the Clark County Park District
- Fishing Derby – Every May. Sponsored by the Friends of the Clark County Park District
- Hertzler House Haunting & Guided Trails – mid-October
- Campfire Chats – Summer
- Nature Walks – Year-Around
- Nature Series – Watch our Program for Details
- Stargaze – Year-Around