Law Enforcement/Conservation Internship
The Clark County Park District encompasses land teeming with natural beauty and echoes of historical events. The Park District manages close to 700 acres of parkland at seven parks and 16 miles of bike trails throughout Clark County, Ohio. The focus includes natural habitat and greenway protection, historic Battlesite, nature and bike trails, outdoor education/ historical interpretation programs, and hosting historical re-enactment events such as The Fair at New Boston.
The Clark County Park District has an eight week summer paid internship. The position is a part time position at 20 hours a week and will be offered to a college student, currently enrolled in a related field of study.
Basic skill requirements:
• Basic computer knowledge, skilled with Microsoft Word, operation of digital camera
• Candidate must be able to lift objects up to 50lbs, and work in all weather conditions.
• Equipment: Zero turn mower, chain saw, gas weed eater, hand tools, leaf blower.
• Supervision: Intern will report directly to the Chief Ranger/Operations Manager.
• Must be 18 years old.
• Must have a Valid Driver’s License and be insurable to operate Park District vehicles.
• Must be willing to work some weekends.
• Successful completion of post-offer/pre-employment background and driving history check.
Please mail application and resume to: Clark County Park District, 5638 Lower Valley Pike, Springfield, Ohio 45502; fax to 937-882-9218; or email to Chief Chris Crowley at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for application.